Saturday, March 14, 2015

Beautiful day in the neighborhood

We had 1 1/2 weeks of rain, rain, rain and it was chilly, chilly, chili.
Thurs temp was low 60s, Fri temp was 70s, and today it is 70s also, maybe low 80s, bright blue skies.
I was out this morning fussing with my plants, the pool, sweeping porches and patios, watering, etc.
Now that I have recovered from Daylight Saving Time, it is nice for darkness to come after 7:30pm and at the solstice, 9:30 or so. During the winter when it's dark at 5, I feel like curling up in a blanket and book. Now I want to be outside (like Hattie).

The lots directly across from us have sold and they have started staking and cleaning, putting up their black net fence. Just in time for summer. Yay. In Indy, the old White Castle by Jason was torn down and they built a new one. The medical center wouldn't let the construction workers use their parking lot for any reason, so they used AutoZone's. Jason said it was kind of a nuisance but he wanted to be a good neighbor so he didn't tell them to stop. (White Castle also sent over to his store cartons of the burgers two different times, totalling about 60 sandwiches. Mmmm, I love White Castles.) I need to be a good neighbor and not complain when the trucks and workers get going directly across from me. If the music gets loud and obnoxious, they still get the police!!

I can hear the birds chirping outside. Yay for summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment