Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Aging parents

Fred is not doing well. The valve the docs put in his heart worked so well it put stress on another valve. Plus his kidneys are not working, and he had fluid build up on his lungs, causing pneumonia, and sent him back to the hospital, where they discovered the second valve to be non-functioning (or little function). Rick is flying back to Indiana tomorrow, Thurs. He has talked a lot with Barbara on the phone, and then last night with half sisters Ginger and Robin. Ginger especially is so upset; she was just sobbing on the phone last night. I have never heard her cry like that.

Ginger also is not doing well. I have them all in my prayers.

My own mom is not doing well, either. She began having undiagnosed mini-strokes as long as 5-6 years ago, and they keep happening. We had her on non-stroke meds, but they caused more problems than the strokes. So grateful that she is living with my sister, Kristi.

Larry, also, is not well; his is diabetes related. Numbness in both feet, which affects his balance, numbness and pain in one hand, ears messed up. .

This all reminds me of my own mortality; our time on earth is short. Really need to make sure that we know Jesus and accept and believe in Him. This is our most important mission - to follow Jesus. I'm not always sure that my actions show that I am a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment