Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Texas redheaded centipede

Loverly thing, and not little. I found him on my dining room floor this morning and quickly threw a plastic bowl over him so he couldn't get away before Rick came home to deal with him. He is poisonous, the sting probably wouldn't kill a human but would hurt for days (and the pics of wounds on the internet were gross looking), but I don't know if that includes little kids and babies. He was about 9 inches long and mean looking. Rick picked him up with a fly swapper, and the critter kept moving on the swapper. I was saying, "Kill him, kill him!" which Rick was reluctant to do. Finally he agreed and took him over to the rocks to squish him.

I certainly don't want him back in the house. It makes me fearful now to get up in the middle of the night for the bathroom. I don't put on my glasses or turn on the light until I'm there. I might have to change my methods.

Now I suppose no one will ever visit me again. The cold weather of Utah is sounding better and better; at least it kills off all that type of wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment