Monday, July 21, 2014

Everything is bigger in Texas

Something was digging a fairly big hole (inch diameter) by out the patio. Finally we saw a huge 2 inch wasp-like thing emerge. I called my pest control - cicada killer wasp. She said they wouldn't sting and will be gone in Aug. The only way to be rid of them is to drown them with high pressure wash in their holes.

Next, the mosquitoes here leave a big welt after their bite. Stella got 3 on her legs that left quite a raised bump. And this was in the middle of a sunny day, not skeeters usual biting time. I put Orajel on them several times and they eventually went away. Then yesterday, once again in the middle of a sunny day, I got a huge bite on my cheek. So this morning when I read that West Nile is in Mass, Kentucky, Oklahoma, I'm sure it's heading this way (if it's not already here).

A teenager drowned in a Georgetown lake, a man fell off his bike into a thorn bush, got a flesh eating bacteria in the thorn prick on his hand and had to have the hand amputated to save his life (the last wasn't in Texas). Sometimes it doesn't even seem safe to leave your house, but life under those conditions wouldn't be much of a life.

And Rick and I spent all yesterday saying we were sad all our ggrrls were gone. Too quiet, too clean, not enough mess lying around.
Macy sitting on a sleeping Papaw while she and Stella watch tv

No comments:

Post a Comment