Monday, May 26, 2014

Agave plant

A woman from Rick's work had people over yesterday to celebrate the end of the FDA being in the facility. She lived in a subdivision about 45 min north, just outside of Georgetown. All of the lots were at least 1 acre.

As we were driving out, I saw the biggest agave I have ever seen; it was easily well over 6 feet tall and at least that much around. I wondered how old it was to have achieved that much growth. The subdivision looked about 20 years old, and if the owners bought it big to begin with, then you get such a large plant 20 years later.

I didn't take a pic, wish I had, but you had to see it in person to appreciate just how huge it was. Agaves aren't cheap, and the bigger the more they cost. To plant that one now could cost easily $700-800, I would think, maybe even more.

1 comment:

  1. The agave plant is the theme in our new temple- the Gilbert Temple...I have never even heard of the plant until I went through the open house.

    ReplyDelete