Friday, October 4, 2013

Hair

I last went to Kirby (hair stylist) 5 or 6 weeks ago. On the spur of the moment I decided to change my style and saw a cute cut pic, he thought it would be different and look nice. I hated the cut. It was odd. Time to get it colored and cut again, so I called up the other recommended person here in Cedar Park, got an appointment and yesterday afternoon she did it. And I liked it. She did a good job, and started the style on the way back to what it was before and I liked.

When it was time for her to blow it dry and style it, I said I needed to put in my ear plugs because I have tinnitus. Turns out she does also. When it first happened about 1 1/2 years ago, the ring was loud and about drove her crazy. Sounds like me. She has TMJD and also had to have surgery on her jaw discs, which I don't need. An ENT is helping her with the tinnitus and thinks it might be related to her allergies and sinus problems, so she is on allergy meds and antibiotics and believes it's getting better. The stylist in the chair next to hers had to have jaw surgery in her teens, because of problems she was born with.

This all makes me feel better and feel like I'm not being picked on by some cosmic force, but indeed, bite/jaw problems and tinnitus have happened to other people. And it's not the worst thing that I may have to deal with in life. Even tho last Feb, March, April I felt like it was.

THIS is why I still talk about the tinnitus with people. Plus if I hadn't, I wouldn't have discovered the book Turning the Volume Down (courtesy of my VT), which has helped me a lot to understand and then have a plan to go forward.

But back to my hair, this is what it looked like:


and this is what it now looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment