Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Yikes, fire ants

Our garbage can smelled really bad, so after the pickup yesterday I washed it out and set it in the sun to dry and desmell. I left a little of the water in with the cleaning to help the desmelling along. Then last night I dumped it out on the lawn and was going to move it back into the garage. I felt something biting my ankles and toes - yikes, covered with fire ants! I quickly washed them off and went into the house.

As I was walking in, I noticed that my feet felt like they were on fire. The pain and hurt was getting quite bad. Soaked them in epsom salts and aloe. Soaked in apple cider vinegar. Put on lavendar oil. Covered them with an aspirin paste. The pain, which can only be described as a fire, was quite bad.

This morning I got up, after hardly sleeping, washed the sheets, and went to Walgreens to get some hydrocortisone and benadryl. The fire/pain has calmed a little, but they still hurt. I counted between 25-30 bites. My feet are red and swollen, with all these little pustules where they bit.

We had fire ants in NC also and treated for them, but hadn't treated for them here. Rick has some poison just for the little buggers and will put in on tonight. Bing told me they are so named because of the fire-like hurt their bites cause and because they are mean, aggressive little things. And they are little. The smaller the meaner I guess.

Jason said, well at least you don't notice the ear ringing quite so much. True, too true.

No comments:

Post a Comment