Friday, August 2, 2013

Walking the Hill

The back entrance to our subdivision, which is the way I aways come, is a long windy hill (curvey, not to be confused with wind blowing). When I moved here I noticed that lots of bikers, joggers, runners, walkers like to go up and down. It looked too hard to me, but finally I decided to use it as my outside exc. Going down is easy, coming back up - not so much. The more I walk it, tho, the easier it becomes. It is .7 miles each way, and .3 to walk to the mailbox.

I have included in my morning swim exc this hill and the mailbox, so I'm walking 2 miles.

I keep my eyes out for snakes in the grass, and coyotes coming from their dens in the hills. I have my Mace with me. Maybe I should bring a stick also.

I took this pic which has a wild turkey in it, but you can't see the turkey. When I saw the turkey moving, I actually thought it was a coyote at first, but then I could tell it was moving too slowly and I could see its turkeyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment