Saturday, April 20, 2013

Freezing

Mon, Tues, and Wed the temp was over 90*. Quite warmish. Then it cooled down to the low 60s Thurs and was 72* on Fri. Last night, Fri, it was supposed to drop to 34*. My garden was looking beautiful, the zukes and cukes were getting (relatively) big. A week ago we got some cold night time temps, and froze all but 2 of my beautiful zukes and cukes. Didn't hurt the tomatoes at all.

I replanted and the plants had just come, but I didn't want them to freeze again, so last night I covered them. Got up this morning, took off the sheets and towels, and they had survived fine. But I forgot to bring in or cover my 3 hanging baskets!!?? The petunias were fine, but the impatiens looked quite sad. I sprayed them with some water, hoping they would come out of it. They did, and look fine this afternoon.

Rick and I went to a new plant nursery today, they had some quite large zukes and cukes so we bought 2 and I planted them. Hope they do well. Ohhhh, I have 5 tomatoes on my tomato plants!!

Moral of the story - keep track of freezing weather so your cukes and zukes don't freeze!!

No comments:

Post a Comment