Monday, April 15, 2013

Adjusting

Day by day, week by week, I'm adjusting to living here. Rick and I are happy to get off the crazy northeast coast (meaning New York, New Jersey, and Philiadephia). The bombing at the Boston Marathon just makes me even happier that we are gone. There are many good people living in those areas who grew up there and love it, it's home, and the church members are very strong and committed. And we did enjoy our time while we were there - it was fun to see a different part of this great country (or used to be great). And bad things can and will happen anywhere. For instance, Kim Jong Un included Austin in the 3 cities he means to bomb - New York, D.C., and Austin!!???

Yet, as I adjust, while missing friends and familiar places, I'm happy to be here. I also have to mention that my adjustment would have gone much better if all this mess with my jaws and ears hadn't happened. A small benefit of going to dentists, doctors, PTs and chiros has helped me learn my way around much sooner than I normally would have, especially going south into Austin, which I wouldn't have done without all the medical appointments.

Speaking of that, I think the physical therapy is helping a lot. The chiropracting, not so much. I will continue with PT and have already discontinued with chiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment