Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Boo Hoo Hoo

Scott flew out to Maine on Sat to help Chris pack up and drive across country to Utah. They left Sun morning and arrived here at 5:30. Rick took yesterday off from work; we packed up the Uhaul trailer with the scooter, electronic piano, tub of Paige stuff, all of which she wants and has been wanting for a bit, like years, actually.

We then we did some activities with the boys - eating lunch at the Full Belly Deli (our fav philly cheesesteak place), looking at cars and electronics (I guess if you're a guy you can't look at too many cars and electronics), hitting balls at the golfing range, and finally, just loafing around the house. I ordered pizza from a place we've never tried before (but then we haven't tried too many places, and the one we actually liked went out of business); I ordered from them because they have pesto to use as the base if you so desire, and that just happens to be my fav base, but I also ordered one with tomato sauce. Pizza was good, I'll have to remember this joint (little Guy Fieri there).

I was under orders from Jason to not let them stay up late because he wanted them out the door by 7 a.m. so they could get into Indy at a goodly time to maybe do something. But it is an 11 to 12 hour drive. They're going to stay with him until Thurs (or was it Fri?), then on to Denver and perhaps stay with the cousins.

After a prayer and hug they left, and the time not toooo late at 8 a.m. I was like Stella, standing on the driveway to watch them leave (altho she stands at the window or door to watch people leave).

Hence the title of this post: Boo Hoo Hoo. Or maybe it should be Wah Wah Wah.

But Rick and I will be in Utah in 1 1/2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment