Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Burglars and Alarms and Alarms

Last night I set the laser alarm going up the stairs. At 3:30 am the alarm went off, waking me from a deep sleep. I rushed downstairs to turn it off, and later realized that the purpose of the alarm was to wake me in case of a break in - so the best thing to do is not to rush downstairs to shut it off, but to evaluate the situation. But I stayed downstairs and slept on the couch. The next thing I know I'm awaken from another good sleep to hear music playing. I realize it's coming from my phone; somehow my phone alarm got set for Wed morning at 8 am. I let Stella play with my phone and she must have set the alarm.

I'm back from Utah (obviously, or I'm wouldn't be writting about the home alarm). Rick and I had a wonderful time during our vacation, and hope all the Owens kids and in-law did also.

Stella and Macy both got sick after Christmas. Stella asked me for a puke bowl almost every morning, but never needed it. She has such a small appetite in even the best of times; when she's not feeling well she almost quits eating, so the best way to get some nourishment down her is to feed her. Last Sat I came back to Paige's after being out with my sister, Kristi. There is Kincade sitting at the kitchen table holding Macy, Stella in her chair. He had a big tub of cottage cheese in front of him - a bite for Macy, a bite for Stella, and a bite for Kincade. I wish I had gotten my camera to get a pic of this scene. Quite cute.





Here are the little girls playing in the basement. Stella keeps track of Macy, carrying her away from things she shouldn't get into. Such a great big sis.

Macy is turning into such a wiggle worm it was difficult to even change her diaper, much less get her dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment