Saturday, June 25, 2011

The terrible, horrible, no good, way too yummy pretzel


Rick and I were out today and came across a pretzel bakery that is close to our house. We had been wanting to try some soft pretzels, so we stopped. The sign out front said, "Buy 3 pretzels, get 3 free, after 3," and it was after 3pm. They were fresh out of the oven and smelled and looked delicious. Naturally we needed 6, 3 for $1.50 and 3 for free.

On the way home we ate one, and said we really shouldn't have discovered this place. At home, I observed one of these pretzels, and imagined it being 2 slices of bread, or around 200 calories. Sadly, no. I weighed one and it was 5 oz. I Binged it on the internet (I never Google anything, it is too liberal) and discovered a 5 oz soft pretzel was around 400 calories!! Or FOUR slices of bread.

Hence the title of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment