Monday, June 13, 2011

Peace Valley Park

On Tues, two friends and I went walking in Peace Valley Park, a place about 6 miles from our house that I had never heard of. It is a large, woodsy area with man-made Galena Lake in the center. The path around the lake is 6 miles, with many outlying hikes. We walked to the Nature Center and then back to the boat rental docks - about 5 miles. I was quite tired for the rest of the day.

It was so nice that Rick and I went there on Fri afternoon, after he returned home (he was in the Netherlands for the week, so no sleep for me). Tabora Farms, with pick your own blueberries, strawberries, gooseberries, veg, is about 2 minutes away, so naturally we needed to stop there and buy some high calorie baked treats in their store.

We got up on Sunday morning and went for a walk at the Park. It truly does refresh and reenergize my soul to be out in nature. On one of these outings I will remember to bring my camera so I can upload pics. My blog desperately needs some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment