Monday, June 6, 2011

Cat sneaking out

I like to open the door leading onto the deck and get some fresh air in the mornings. There is a screen that goes into the storm/screen door, but for now the glass is still in. So I move the bar to hold that door open. The cat likes to sneak out onto the deck, and jump down into the shrubbery. Then someone has to go chase her back in. Usually I'm watching the door and don't let her sneak out, but the other day she did and Rick went out to chase her back in. He couldn't get her in and came in telling me she was going to get lost. So I went out, looked under the shrubs and bushes and yelled at her to get back in. She immmediately did. For some reason when I tell her to do something, she does, and when Rick does, she just looks at him.

It reminds me of the time in NC when Rick was packing for a trip and she kept jumping in his suitcase. Finally he had to get her out of the bedroom and close the door to keep her out of his suitcase. I told him he should just tell her to stay out of the suitcase. He snickered at my naivety. A few weeks later I was packing and she tried to jump in my suitcase. I told her, quite sternly, to get out and to stay out of my suitcase. She did. I even left my suitcase open all night, as I was going to continue packing the next day. The next morning I checked: no hair.

1 comment:

  1. That is very funny. I think that it comes from subbing school and you speak in a no-nonsense tone of voice. knj

    ReplyDelete