Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Utah house hunting

Rick and I have been discussing (and discussing and talking and thinking and meditating) a lot about where we want to live in Utah. We have thrown around a bunch of ideas, including a small cabin/house at Bear lake, a townhouse in St George to be a second home/vacay house. We have ruled both those out.

Now we have 4 plans:
1. Daybreak, most probably build because we aren't finding any of what we want for sale.
2. Herriman, a subdivision without a lot of rules, restrictions, have chickens (a house next door to one I'm looking at has horses).
3. Herriman, South Jordan, Riverton, Bluffdale, regular subdivision with amenities like HOA pool, clubhouse, work out room, walking trails, with an HOA.
4. Something on Lake Utah.

They each have their pros and cons. I looked at a bunch of different stuff - 3 days of looking and looking, meeting with realtors and builders. My head was spinning, but we are narrowing it down. For the first time, we actually have time. Plus with the kids we always chose the school district first and then chose house. The house being the 2nd consideration.

Rick is 100% at Daybreak, I'm 90-95% at Daybreak; this is interesting because we have changed with me before being all about Daybreak and Rick not sure. We both love the whole concept of the planned community and all the parks, pools, etc. it offers. At first Rick wanted a bigger lot, maybe as big as 1/2 acre, then changed his mind when he realized as he ages he won't feel like taking care of it.

We are both going back to Utah in 2 weeks to look with a realtor at the above mentioned areas and to finalize plans for building if that is the way we decide. We have the lot we want locked in until then.

I love walking around the lake. I've taken pics of the boardwalk, but below is another one.


I left Scott's and stayed with Paige on Fri evening until I left on Mon morning. I watched the ggrrls on Fri while Paige and Kincade went out with friends.

Sat morning I took the ggrrls over to 2 model homes in the new part of Silver Lake that the ggrrls super wanted to see. They love walking thro models as much as I do. Stella and I left to drive to Herriman and look at the house again, then on to Daybreak and look at the lots again. She suggested eating lunch at IKEA and wandering around there. She also loves looking at bedroom sets for kids, so we went to RC Wiley next door.

We were gone 4 1/2 hours. Busy but fun and productive day.

Sun I went to church with them; at 5pm all the Upstills came over for Hattie's 4th birthday party for the family. Paige fixed baked mac and cheese, with toppings to add later of frozen cooked peas, bacon, and fresh tomatoes. Scott was working so I took a bowl down to him and we chatted. A quite fun day.

I got up at 6am to get ready and get to Scott's by 8 and he took me to the airport.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment