Saturday, May 9, 2015

Crochet hat

Emily had her 5th little baby, another sweet girl. Katelynn. I asked her what she needed or wanted and she said a pink crochet hat. She has one for each of her other little girls, with pics, and wanted one for this little cutie.

I searched out patterns on the internet and came across about 5 I thought were "quick, easy, free," and bought some soft pink baby yarn. I'm not a great crocheter, not like my mom who could see an item, pick out the pattern, and follow it. I'm not even close to being able to do that.

I began crocheting and would do fine until I reached a certain point, and then just could not understand what the instructions were telling me to do. Finally, yesterday afternoon I read instructions from another pattern at about my blockage point and finally, Finally, FINALLY, understood and was able to complete the little hat. This morning I made the flower, packaged it up and will mail it today. Yay. I really enjoy doing stuff like this.
1st unsuccessful attempt

2nd unsuccessful attempt

Completed hat, yay

2 comments: