Friday, April 10, 2015

Vacay to Utah

We were to leave Austin at 4:50pm on Wed, March 25. Rick came home at noon, packed and we were ready to head to the airport by 12:30, but went out to eat close by. As we were walking in the sub shop, Rick told me I had a "skunk stripe" on the top of my head. Since we were so early, we ate and hurried home where Rick "painted" my head. I always forget that with my gray, it needs to be colored often.

Made it to the airport in plenty of time, good flight, arrived in Utah and Chris picked us up. We dropped him back at his house, took his jeep, and headed to Paige's.

Lots of fun with them. Saturday we took Stella and Macy for the Ukrainian pics, which turned out nice.
'my family :) papa, nano, Macy and Stella'
Sunday church, was in Paige's class for her lesson, she is a great teacher. Cathie and Rich came over for dinner. Panini sandwiches. Very simple but delish; as Paige says, call a sandwich a Panini and people think it's something fancy.

Rick was starting to get sick. I don't know what it is about him and Utah - he always manages to get sick, but I actually think this was still that bug in his chest he caught at Christmas and never quite got rid of. Luckily I had the yearly physical exam for him already scheduled for Tues, so when he got home and to the docs, he also got the needed meds. On a side note all his numbers looked good, especially his blood pressure, wonderful.

I took Rick to airport quite early on Mon, so the little ggrrls couldn't go, but I arrived back in time to walk Stella to the bus. She still loves to kiss me goodbye, turning to wave and run back to hug many times. Soon enough she will be embarrassed to see her parents or gparents when her friends are around.

On Wed I went to Squirt's, Gary had already left for Idaho. Thurs Scott came to see Grandmother and brought dinner from Bam Bam's, the bbq place he likes. The owner had learned about bbq by working as a pit master or something at Rudy's here in Austin. It was delish. Back to Paige's on Fri afternoon. Coloring eggs on Sat and the Ukrainian dinner in the afternoon/evening (a fund raiser so Alyona could help the soldiers and the orphanage), really enjoyed the authentic food. Easter on Sun at the Upstills, but all my kids came so I was especially happy. I brought dinner over to Squirt's for mom and stayed and ate with them and then went to the Upstills.

Mon morning around 4 or 5 I woke up sicker than a dog. Very miserable. Gooood thing I didn't fly that day!!

All in all it was quite enjoyable. Just wish flying didn't mess up my head so much. It takes a few days to get that back to normal. It is humid here so I don't get my good Utah hair. Sadness.

1 comment: