Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Decorating for Christmas

I haven't been home on Christmas day since we moved to North Carolina in Aug 2007. Most of the years have been in Utah, but one was in Indianapolis with Jason and the boys.

The tree has seemed like too much work to put up so only two times have I done so. Actually, at no time did I put it up. That first year in 2007 Scott put it up and decorated the entire house with every little bit of decos I had (while the rest of us drove to Wilmington to the beach). It was really cheery, hap hap happily Christmas! Then last year Rick put up one of the trees I got at Hobby Lobby, and he did lights and a few decos on it.

I have always put out those decorations that I like, especially my nativity scenes, which I collect, and I set them out this year. I also set out other decos that I like. We looked quite festive.

This year I was all aboard with putting out both my Hobby Lobby trees (they are tall, pole-like with a few branches stuck here and there and I love them). They came with white lights and we added colored lights and some decorations and an angel and star topper. Then we put out some big balls on our front trees and bushes.
For some reason when my iPad focused, it always made the lights look like the tree on the left. I had to quickly take the pic to get the lights like the one on the right. I think both ways look pretty.

This is a metal crèche that I bought last year during the after Christmas sales. It's 2 feet high and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment