Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lots of pots

I'm packing to get ready to leave this morning for Utah, so I don't have time to take a pic of all my pots. I love pots.

Last fall I decided I wanted to get an elephant ear plant and put it in a pot and put it in between the 2 garage doors. On Monday I noticed that HEB was putting out a bunch of new pots. Sometimes they have a 20% off coupon there with them, but not often, so I asked them when their next 20% off time would be. They didn't know, they just put it out when corporate, or whoever, tells them to. These pots were nice and a little different from their usual.

Yesterday I went back to get one pot for $30, but lo and behold, a 20% off coupon was there!! A miracle, just when I needed it, there it is!! So I bought the $30 pot, which with the coupon came to $24. Well, who can resist that kind of deal. The cashier had sent 2 men out to help load (actually 1, but when he tried lifting he called for help) and I'm standing there thinking I want that $50 pot also. I told the men to load another one that I pointed to and ran into the store with its sticker to pay for it. When I got back the 2 pots were loaded.

Arrived home, took out the 2 pots (by myself!) and noticed the larger one had a hairline crack running from the top to the middle. I might have seen the crack before, but I wasn't there when the guys loaded it. When Rick got home we drove the $50 pot (which cost $40 with the coupon miracle!!) back to HEB and replaced it with a new uncracked pot.

Now I have a spare pot and need to decide where to place it and what to put in it.

I love pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment