Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hair, hair, everywhere and not a drop to spare

For those uneducated or uncultured, that is a play on Coleridge's poem "Rime of the Ancient Mariner."

Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink

My stylist was getting my hair back to a bob or pageboy, but I wasn't liking it. I like poof on top (that word doesn't seem right, but neither does puff) and the short pageboy I had just wasn't doing it. So she gave me some whispy poof on top and whispiness on the sides and used thinning shears on the sides by my ears and neck where I have thick hair and feel like I'm wearing earmuffs sometimes, and I love it.

So now I actually get to have good hair for the wedding. She also colored it (I used to say dye and then realized no stylist says that, they all say colored, I must speak the proper lingo or jargon) and I really love this color. It seems to put highlights in my hair, but that might just be picking up the gray differently than the ungray.

I have not lost the 20 pounds I wanted to lose ):
But I have lost a few.
I like the dress I will be wearing, and am trying to decide between 2 pairs of shoes, silver ones that go great with the dress, but when will I wear them again? Or nude that I will wear again. The nude don't match as well. I asked Paige if I would look odd, an overweight, ridiculous mama teetering around on my silver sparkly spiked but not too tall very pointed toe heels. She said just because I'm overweight doesn't mean I have to wear white orthopedic Velcro shoes.
Okay then.

No comments:

Post a Comment