Thursday, September 12, 2013

More about mouth, jaw...

Dr Peppard gave me a phone number for a woman who also had all the problems I have had, plus a few. She is an OR nurse for Dr Gallagher. I called and left a message a few days ago, I had meant to call again in the evening but would always get busy and forget. She called me back today and we had a nice chat. She had migraine headaches, jaw pain, vertigo so severe she had to lie down, tinnitus, etc. She did the splint therapy, but also had to have oral surgery on the disc and cartilage of the TMJ. Thankfully, the MRI showed that my disc is still working fine. She also had to pay for all of it, her insurance wouldn't pay for any - same as mine, altho I will call and argue with them about it. It actually helped me to talk with someone, just so I could feel validated. It's so hard to explain just how debilitating it is.

On a happy note she said she was 100% happy that she had all of this, her symptons have decreased, making life enjoyable again, also made it possible for her to return to work. If I have to have everything done she did, it will be about $20,000. An incredible amount of money to put into it, but as Bruce (my dentist) said, do you want to spend the next 30 years dealing with this, or fix it? I want to fix it. I have no guarantees, but she said everyone who has done the splint therapy and surgery have had decrease of symptons, if not completely abated.

Sandra (woman I talked with) was helpful and said to call her anytime if I have questions to ask. She has complete confidence in the 2 docs, said they really know what they are doing. She is going to get me the names of some good internists, since I think the one in Cedar Park I went to is a doofus.

Forgot, she also has gone to a chiro, found one she really likes, trusts, and he has a plan for her. I can attest to how important it is to find someone who has a plan. So I will get his name, and perhaps Rick and I can go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment