Sunday, March 17, 2013

 
This picture hung in my parents house all the time I was growing up, and stayed there until my dad died and my mom moved to St George, and then at some time she gave it to me. I got it because the Silver Certificate dollar in the corner is mine. My grandpa put a dollar in the corner of this pic for all of his grandkids (my dad's kids, that is), and if we went to 1st grade without missing a day of school, the dollar was that gkid's.
 
I went to 1st grade without missing a day, and when I came home I was quite excited to take out my dollar. My dad talked me into leaving it there, saying when I took it out I would spend it and it would be gone. So the dollar stayed put (I guess Eric and Kristi didn't get a dollar put in the picture for them?) It is a Silver Certificate, and at some point those were all called in, so it's not even legal tender anymore, but worth more than a dollar to a collector. Unfortunately, the dollar is stuck to the picture and can't be taken out at now without destroying it and the pic. I really wouldn't want to anyway.
 
This brings back so many memories.





No comments:

Post a Comment