Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back Home Again

I flew back to Philly from Utah last Tues. My plane kept getting delayed; my original arrival time was 11:30 pm - my new arrival time was 1:00 am. We arrived home at 2 am - a loverly time to be getting home. Then neither Rick nor I could get to sleep. We lay there asking each other, "Are you asleep yet?" "No." "Me neither," until 3:30 or so.

Sunday was Ward Conf, we both had leadership meeting at 7:30 am, which went until 8:50, and then Sac Mtg started at 9. After church we both had visits to do with less active people with Stake people, so I got home at 3:30. But it was nice because I met an older homebound sister that I did not know - she is a delightful person and I enjoy getting to know the sisters whom I don't know except as a name on paper.

Sat we had bought a bunch of plants for around the townhouse, and yesterday and this morning I planted. And now we have no more space for anything.

But as much as I enjoyed being in St George and taking care of mom, it is NICE to be home. I notice that when I'm home I don't walk as much as I do in St George. In St George I take a 1 to 1 1/2 hour walk every morning, then a 1/2 walk every evening. All this helped me to lose 7 pounds. Need to find the motivation to walk as much, but it's so much funner (I know that's not a word, but I like it better than "more fun") to walk around the temple and area around it and mom's townhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment