Friday, December 16, 2011

Five dozen cookies


A sister in our ward had a cookie exchange yesterday and asked everyone to bring 5 doz. I wasn't going to go because I thought I really didn't need 5 doz cookies hanging around tempting me. But another sister called and asked for a ride; that was a sign for me to go, so Wed night I made 5 doz Chewy Ginger Spice cookies, which just happens to be one of my favs.

Thursday morning at 9:45 I picked up the sister and we drove over to the exchange. About 20 people came, we had finger food, and it was just quite fun. All of a sudden I checked on the time - 11:30. I was supposed to pick up my VT companion at 11:30 so we could go see our last sister of the month. I had only collected 3 doz of the cookies and candies from the exchange, but that actually was good (then I wouldn't have 5 doz hanging around). Ran to the car and raced to pick her up. I was 15 min late, but we were only 5 min late for our appointment. So all's well that ends well.

Now, what to do with 3 dozen cookies...can't think of anything...yummmmm, ummmm, chomp, chomp, gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment