Monday, June 23, 2014

Ready to kayak

Rick and I went kayaking with Chris and Alyona last summer on the ponds in Chris' housing unit. It was really fun; I knew I liked to canoe because I had done that at girls camp. Kayaking is much more fun.

Since the little sail boat will never see water as long as we live in Texas :) or :( we decided to get kayaks (unless it peeks around the corner at the swimming pool). We have several places that will be easy to launch them, plus all the kids can use them when they get here this summer.

The salesman at Dick's was really good; every few moments he found another thing we just "had to have" "he was just giving us the best advice he has for successful kayaking."  We did get 2 life jackets (even tho we have life vests) and 2 orange whistles, out of all he suggested. I guess that is the bare minimum to keep us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment