Saturday, April 7, 2012

Maine

Last Wed, March 28, Jason flew to Philly, I picked him up from the airport. We went to Reading Terminal Market for lunch; I choose my usual, which is a brisket sandwich on pumpernickel, Russian dressing, and cole slaw.

The next day Rick, Jason and I drove to Maine to visit Chris. The guys all decided they would eat nothing but seafood, and I just wanted delicious food (Jason had lobster for 2 or 3 meals, which he loved, but I choose mostly incorrectly and liked but one - a corn chowder).

Fri Chris was busy with school, so Rick, Jason, and I did some sightseeing.
These are some pics of the Maine coast, and a lighthouse. It was so cold that day.





On Sat Chris joined us and we did more sightseeing. That evening the guys went to the Priesthood Session of conference. Sunday we left for home - all in all an enjoyable trip.

Fri Rick and I got up quite early to walk on the beach, and then along the road where Chris would be driving to school. We saw this most unusual tree with mushrooms growing on it. Rick snapped some quite nice pics of the sunrise.









Shivering in Portsmouth - but they are quite handsome!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we went to the same lighthouse when we toured Braden's mission. Lighthouses always make me think of Pete's Dragon.

    ReplyDelete